Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Check Yes or No

E0177
This boy has been offered before and watched his friends come to America, but never selected. He had great eye contact during our interview and seemed very friendly. Later taking pictures he was all smiles for pictures and loved taking more photos with his friends. He said he wants to come to America to see EVERYTHING. He has seen pictures from his friends and it is beautiful. He would love to be part of a large family with lots of kids …younger, older, doesn’t matter to him. He would like to work on his soccer and ping-pong skills. He is a very goal oriented young man.

Contact your local coordinator for more information.
 
www.newhorizonsforchildren.orgcontact-us/
 

Don't let him feel unwanted and worthless by not being chosen...again. Hosting is so simple and yet so profound in the life of the child. You have a home right? Open it up.
13 Keep on loving each other as brothers and sisters.[a] 2 Don’t forget to show hospitality to strangers, for some who have done this have entertained angels without realizing it! 3 Remember those in prison, as if you were there yourself. Remember also those being mistreated, as if you felt their pain in your own bodies.
Being in foster care or an orphanage doesn't cause pain in his body, but think of the pain in his heart. Feel it as if you were there yourself. Love him as your brother. YOUR BROTHER. I don't know about you, but I would make the room and time needed to let my brother live with me for 5 weeks over the summer. I would never say, "I don't feel called to have my brother live with me this summer." I would just move forward, knowing that I don't need a special word from God to let me know that I am supposed to care for my brother and make room for him in my life.
I sometimes daydream about the possibilities. I think of stories of thousands of Jewish children being hosted by families in safe countries during the time of the Nazis. I think of all the children of refugees in war-torn places right now. I wonder if there is a way to get them into host families until it is safe to go home. But that would require the Church to take the above verse seriously, and I don't see that happen much around here. New Horizons and P143 offer just a few hundred children, it seems like that wouldn't be enough to go around for our whole nation of Jesus followers. But, sadly, that's not the case and this boy didn't get chosen last time. Why? Because someone felt a tug to treat him like their brother- but they said 'No.' And he dealt with the ramifications of their choice. He stayed behind while others spent their Christmas or summer with a family. They heard, "You are wanted. We love you. God loves you." What did he hear?
People. This quick share has turned into a blog post. Because I want this boy to feel God's love this summer. And I want you to feel the power of God at work in your life as you see miracle after miracle in removing every obstacle. God has a plan. He has a plan for these kids with no families. He has had a plan from the beginning of time for the good works He wants you to do.
If you are a follower of Christ, you've got your orders.
18 And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth.  19 Go therefore[c] and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,  20 teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Amen.[d]
This is one simple way to get started on your obedience. Will you trust? Will you obey?

No comments:

About Me

About Me
I love Jesus, my hubby, my 6 kiddos, my farm, good books and good food.